J & J Design have acted for a variety of landowners as well as local, regional and national housebuilders. Projects have included:
- Erection of three dwellings in a Bedfordshire village;
- Small housing estate on infill site – Bedfordshire;
- Redevelopment of former coach depot with 12 detached dwellings – Bedfordshire;
- Outline approval for 60 dwellings in Lincolnshire – urban extension;
- Promotion of urban fringe housing development sites in Worcestershire, Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire;
- Planning permission granted on appeal for two dwellings on disused horticultural packhouse;
- 15 dwellings to replace existing commercial premises in Cambridgeshire.
- Replacement and extensions to mobile home sites in Bedfordshire and Lincolnshire.
Rural Housing Development – redundant farmstead – Bedfordshire
J & J Design were engaged by the farmer to advise on development potential. An early scheme for employment uses in the farm buildings were resisted by residents due to increased traffic and the proposal was withdrawn. J & J Design then objected to the emerging Local Plan which excluded most of the farmstead from the new village settlement despite two barns being occupied by commercial enterprises with planning permission.
After an appearance at the Local Plan Inquiry, the Inspector recommended the entire farmstead should be included within the settlement envelope, to be considered as an urban site rather than open countryside.
J & J Design were then engaged by a local developer to support other architectural designers and co-ordinate surveyors and ecologists in the preparation of a residential housing scheme for 12 new dwellings set around a pond previously excavated by the farmer. A replacement house for the farmer was included in the scheme. In addition to the Design & Access Statement and Planning Statement, J & J Design also prepared a Flood Risk Assessment to demonstrate that the application site was above the maximum flood level.
Following the grant of planning permission the site was sold to a regional housebuilding company who have executed the scheme with excellent results.